Featured Terpene - Linalool
\Canna-cook level - Advanced*
\*Makes 12 mini pavlova (or 6 double stacked pavlova towers)*
\** Vegetarian and gluten free*
This dessert is light and airy with a sweet and floral flavor. This recipe is perfect for the true foodies that know their way around a pastry bag.
- 4 egg whites
- 1 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 drop True Terpenes Linalool Terpene Extract
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 4 tbsp cornstarch
- Pinch kosher salt
- 2 cups whipped cream
- 1 1/4 cup fresh berries of your choice
Tools you will need -
Parchment paper, piping bag, 2 cookie sheets, hand or stand mixer, cooling rack, ruler or protractor
Preheat oven to 250° F
Before you preheat your oven, move the racks in your oven up. You will want to use the first two racks/rack spaces near the top of the oven to bake these delicate pastries.
- Draw 6 even circles on 2 sheets of parchment paper. You can use the ruler or protractor for this. You want the circles to be about 2 inches across. Then, line each cookie sheet with one of these parchments, laying the drawn-on side down.
- In a the mixer bowl, add in the 4 egg whites and a pinch of salt.
- As the mixer is still going, add in all of the sugar, one tablespoon at a time.
- Now that you have all of the sugar incorporated, let the mixture continue in the mixer for about 5 more minutes. Once soft and glossy peaks form, turn off the mixer and remove the bowl from the stand. With a spatula, fold in 1 drop of Linalool and 1 tbsp of cornstarch until they are fully mixed.
- Next, take the Linalool pavlova mixture and fill your piping bag.. We recommend using a round or star tip for your piping bag.
- Pipe the pavlova mix over the circles you drew on the parchment, going around the circle twice making a hollowed stack of fluff.
- Once you have piped out all of your mix, place your cookie sheets on those top 2 racks (that you moved before you turned the oven on), and bake for 20-25 minutes, keeping your eye on them after 18 minutes. These should change in color from stark white to a very light peachy-khaki color.
- Once these are baked to that peachy-khaki color, pull them from the oven and using a wide set spatula, transfer them onto a cooling rack to cool and set. (Keeping them on the cookie sheet to cool can result in moisture affecting the final result, so the cooling rack step helps assure best results.)
- Once these are cooled, you can serve them with whipped cream and berries or store them in a plastic container in the fridge and they will stay good for about a day.