THEME: Building a Safe, Strong and Proud America
The President will be talking about his record-setting accomplishments from his first year;
How the policies of his administration are lifting all Americans;
How these policies are setting a foundation for building a safe, strong and proud America.
Jobs and the Economy
o The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act
- o The administration’s deregulation effort
o How these policies are creating millions of jobs, increasing workers’ wages, creating stock market records, increasing the value of college savings accounts, and retirement accounts.
o How greatly expanded opportunities are lifting up all Americans.
- The President will talk about his $1 trillion plan for rebuilding our depleted infrastructure and how we’re going to do it right and fast.
The U.S. will be insisting on fair and reciprocal trade
o Rebuilding our military
- o Returning to the policy of peace through strength
o Returning to the clarity about our friends and adversaries
§ The president will speak about North Korea and nuclear issues
o The administration’s efforts to defeat terrorists around the world
The President will be speaking from the heart;
It will be a speech that resonates with our American values and unites us with patriotism and greater opportunities;
It will be bipartisan and forward looking.
There will be specific call-outs to Congress for action.
· Just like last year, on Tuesday, there will be a release of the guests that will be in the gallery and you can expect the President to address some of the guests.
· The opioid crisis will be addressed in the speech and one of the gallery guests will be reflective of the impact of the drug addiction and opioid crisis.
· There will also be guests who have benefitted from the Tax Cuts and Job Act.