Shapiro vs. Cortez: What a Cat-tastrophe!

Debating the issues is apparently sexist now.

Anybody who even casually follows Ben Shapiro knows that he's fond of challenging political foes to debate. That's pretty much what you would expect from a guy who graduated from Harvard Law school, and is renowned for visiting college campuses where he happily engages liberals and tries to challenge students to think about the issues in a different way. In fact, he even wrote a short treatise on the subject called How to Debate Leftists and Destroy Them--although the title is a lot more incendiary than the subject matter, as Shapiro admonishes would-be debaters to stick to the facts and avoid personal attacks.

Shapiro is also famous for putting his money where his mouth is, offering to go mano-a-mano with leftists and donate some cold, hard cash to their favorite cause for the privilege. Most recently, he threw down the gauntlet with the Democrat flavor of the month Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, who hasn't exactly proven herself to be fast on her feet with unscripted interviews. Shapiro decided to have a little fun and put up a $10,000 donation to her campaign--or the charity of her choice--if she would agree to a debate with him:

Of course, he didn't expect Ocasio-Cortez to accept his challenge, probably because she knows she would be in way over her head. But apparently Ocasio-Cortez didn't want to come off as a fraidy-cat either, and so true to SJW form she tweeted out a response that, remarkably enough, made her come off as even more vapid than we already thought:

Well, well, well. Somebody thinks she's Little Miss Thing.

Now, nobody's kidding themselves here--what Shapiro did is clearly a stunt, even though he would be more than happy to follow through with it. But casting a debate challenge as the equivalent of saying, "Nice caboose, toots!"? That right there sets back the entire feminist movement by thirty years. It also cements Ocasio-Cortez's reputation as a policy lightweight who has no idea what she's doing in this election--much less than what she'll do when she probably gets to Congress next year.

Comments
No. 1-5
E.E. Bokbok
E.E. Bokbok

State-run Fox News and Brietbart is all over this lady. You'd think she was the only Democrat running for office in November.

Jonah_Kyle
Jonah_Kyle

"When 51% of the people can dictate what 49% of the rest of the people can do, it is not so far from the time that 1% can dictate what the other 99% can do...or not do." --Jonah Kyle

theretheygoagain
theretheygoagain

Being in the Tea Party, I've tried discussion with numerous Progressive-Socialist Liberals. It's always the same. All they can do is regurgitate the same cliched insults and one-sentence lines that are spoon-fed to them by their Leftist puppet masters. When clobbered with facts & reason, they look stunned and just stupidly stammer, "I don't believe that." Then, walk away to brag to their cohorts how they won the debate.

I can't believe we have to put-up with these subversive imbeciles in Our country.

esotericwy
esotericwy

There are very few Leftists who will debate a Conservative in a feee style fashion. Their IDEOLOGY is built on a foundation of quicksand. The are currently devoid of any NEW ideas and have found sanctuary in their creation of an Alternative Reality which acts just lineman echo chamber whereon a 24/7 Loop allows conformation of their myopic and delusional Utopian vision.

Ms. Ocasio-Cortez is becoming the face of the Democrat Party and that speaks volumes.

IndyArcher
IndyArcher

It's always fascinating and mildly entertaining to see modern feminists claim equality up until the moment that actually be equal serves as a disadvantage.

Stories

Fresh Conversations