Per the AP, Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke–after announcing a thorough review of the Antiquities Act earlier this year — is recommending that none of 27 national wildness or ocean monuments under review be eliminated. But he said several of the contentious monuments will shrink in size. Here’s more from AP:
Zinke told The Associated Press that unspecified boundary adjustments for some monuments designated over the past four decades will be included in the recommendations he planned to give President Donald Trump on Thursday. None of the sites would revert to new ownership, he said, while public access for uses such as hunting, fishing or grazing would be maintained or restored.
Perhaps a good compromise to be approved by all? That could likely be the case. We shall see which monuments will be affected–as Bears Ears National Monument should be on the receiving end of this recommendation after President Obama’s last minute illegal move to designate the area as a national monument late last year.
We will continue to follow updates on the public lands debate here at The Resurgent.