For the past 12 years I have been contributing to this and other forums online, all while growing my own chocolate company from the ground up. I have amassed a wealth of knowledge of do's and dont's along the way.
I have just written a book that brings all of my lessons together. It covers food costs, labour costs, packaging, marketing, business strategy, and provides the reader with links to resources that a consultant would normally charge thousands of dollars for, resources such as:
- Proforma income statements
- Food costing spreadsheets
- Equipment lists
- Real costs of starting a bean to bar operation
- Utensil lists
- Project plan samples
- Links to great resources and suppliers
- Other technical books related to starting your business
- In depth analysis of marketing strategies that work and don't work
- What to expect if you are planning on wholesaling your creations.
If you are thinking of starting your own chocolate business, THIS is the resource you need to start with. 96% of small businesses fail because nobody will tell them the information that I have put in this book. It is the best business investment you will make.