Looking for a Chocolate Enthusiast with Excellent Customer Service Skills
We are hiring a seasonal Chocolate Retail Sales Associate for the holidays. Must have excellent customer service skills and a love of chocolate. There is opportunity for this role to turn into a non-seasonal role depending on our needs and your availability after the holidays. Chocolate lovers who are enthusiastic, self-motivated, flexible team players with excellent customer service skills are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply:
Submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com or drop it off at the store. We are located inside the Interbay WorkLofts at 1631 15th Ave. W., Suite 111, Seattle, WA 98119 . You can reach us at (206) 282-0776.
- Demonstrate a passion for chocolate and for sharing that passion with customers and fellow employees in a friendly, non-judgmental manner
- Deliver excellent customer service
- Communicate effectively with customers and co-workers
- Read, write and utilize math skills
- Demonstrate initiative and good judgment in all job tasks
- Handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Be a team player and contribute to a positive team environment
- High school diploma required, college degree preferred
- Must be able to climb a ladder on a regular basis
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds on a regular basis
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Guide our customers through the complex world of artisan bean-to-bar chocolate
- Actively seek out information on fine chocolate and be excited to share that knowledge with our team
- Provide exemplary sales and customer service, and create relationships with returning customers
- Assist with daily operations of retail store, including check out, customer service, product receiving, merchandise display building, shelf stocking and packaging.
- Contribute to neat, clean and efficient operational environment
- Open and close store unsupervised
- Contribute to profitability of store
- Take initiative to determine what tasks need to get done each day, complete those tasks in a timely manner without supervision, and show good judgment when completing the tasks
- Work on special projects during shift hours, as needed
- Other duties as required
- One free bar of artisan chocolate during every week worked
- 20% Employee discount
- 40 hours Sick & Safe leave per year
- Full-time employees accrue 1 week of paid vacation their first year of employment, and 2 weeks of paid vacation beginning their second year.
Shift Hours and Expectations:
We will be open seven days a week between Thanksgiving and Christmas. You must be willing to work weekends and evenings.
There is a Blackout period for time off requests between Thanksgiving and Christmas. During these busy times of the year we are not able to approve time-off requests.