indi chocolate LLC is a local family business making small batch, single origin, bean-to-bar dark chocolate located in Pike Place Market in Seattle, Washington. Erin Andrews, our founder, dived into the chocolate world in 2010 after a family trip to Belize to teach her daughters cacao grows on trees. She began with cocoa butter lotions and expanded to teas, spice rubs, soaps, and now a cafe and chocolate factory!
Bean to bar chocolate making starts with cacao and transforms it into chocolate we consume. Our cacao beans are obtained via direct trade from all over the world. Direct trade allows us to go directly to the farmers and cooperatives, and build a lasting relationship while ensuring ethical practices such as no child labor and sanitary conditions.
Assist the Head Chocolate Maker with the following:
- Making bean to bar chocolate which includes: cleaning, sorting beans, roasting and winnowing cocoa beans, refining chocolate per our recipe, tempering and molding chocolate and cleaning molds
- Keeping inventory logs of raw materials, cocoa beans, molded bars and inclusions
- Printing labels for and wrapping chocolate bars
- Sharing information about indi chocolate and the chocolate making process to children and/or tour groups
- Teach and/or assist with classes on: teaching children about chocolate, the bean to bar chocolate making process, truffle making and chocolate tasting
- Cleaning equipment, factory and roastery per our cleaning procedures
- Apply creativity to help create new chocolate product offerings (i.e. confections, new bars, inclusion bars, etc)
- Learn about our business and product lines (chocolate, coffee, body care, etc) and be able to engage customers when needed
- Experience with making chocolate and/or being a chocolatier
- Knowledge of the bean to bar chocolate making process is a plus
- Ability to lift and/or move cocoa beans, nibs, equipment, etc.
- Ability and want to learn and grow in the chocolate industry
- Excellent work ethic, organization and communication skills
- Team player with high energy