DAVIS CHOCOLATE IS HIRING
TITLE: Chocolate Supervisor
DEPARTMENT: Chocolate Production
REPORTS TO: Chocolate Manager
DIRECT REPORTS: 7-15
HOURS: 40 hours and some Saturdays
Work with the president, manager, and people that make the chocolate. Supervise and assist people that make the chocolate.
JOB DESCRIPTION / PRIMARY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
· Assist people with each position
· Create and close batch tickets for production
· Forecasting what’s needed for orders
· Work with customers to complete orders
· Odds and ends
· Human resource with other employees
· Computer maintenance (printing, filing, etc.)
· Keeping up with compliance organizations
· GMP and HACCP filing
· Run machinery if backup is needed roasting, weighting, milling, depositing. (We will train you)
Research and development (5%)
· Develop new chocolates for customers
· Improve the quality of chocolate by trying different processes
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
· High School diploma.
· To have eaten much chocolate.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
· It’s necessary to have verbal and written communication skills sufficient to communicate product information with customers and sales representatives.
· Basic skills that are performed are word processing and email tasks.
· Prefer some knowledge with computer programs (Excel, Word, and other relevant programs).
· Strong ability to plan, prioritize, initiate and complete tasks.
· Hard worker
· Motivated and proactive
· Likes non-stop action
· Strong initiative and self-direction
· Ability to work individually and also as part of a team
· Professionalism and courteousness
· Excellent communication skills
PHYSICAL/SENSORY/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
· Have the ability to sit up for four (8) hours a day.
· Have the ability to operate a computer key board and view computer screen for up to four (8) hour per day.
· Analytical ability to identify problem, determine causes, apply technical product knowledge and recommend remedial action.
· Have the ability to do mathematical computations (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages for pricing.
· Must be able to bend down, stoop, reach and stretch to reach above the head.
· Lift 60+ pounds
1) Prepare a schedule
2) Make chocolate
3) Get orders out the door