Maven’s Unique Users Skyrocket: Our recent acquisition of HubPages drives Maven’s footprint to 40 million monthly users. The companies will soon be interoperating on advertising, and over the coming months, as HubPages’ channels are migrated to Maven’s platform, we expect channel partners to benefit via network traffic distribution features.
In addition, Business Insider wrote a story about the coming together of the two companies, focusing on the advertising side of the equation. Click here to read it.
Features of the Week: Our engineering team continues to make important strides. Among them: the platform now supports YouTube custom start times; Twitter and Facebook sharing features are more prominent; and we’ve added a “reply-to-replies” function on posts to drive additional user engagement.
Product Roadmap: We’re currently in a hardening/stabilization phase of the platform’s development but moving forward we have features planned around several broad categories. Here’s a sampling of planned work for this year:
- SOCIAL: LinkedIn registration, member recognition system
- DISTRIBUTION: invite friends via social media and contacts; cross-network content circulation
- PUBLISHING: edit tracking; image/video library; editor enhancements
- INFRASTRUCTURE: further search engine optimization; HubPages integration
- UX (user experience): Android app release; tagging; advanced search
- MONETIZATION: video ads; improved membership “sell” pages
Welcome Aboard! We announced our newest Maven, Linda Sarsour, just in time for last weekend’s Women’s March. Click here for a terrific video of Linda, Rinku Sen and James Heckman discussing the importance of viewpoint diversity and thoughtful discussion across the network.
Meanwhile, Kris Osborne, a former Pentagon analyst and one-time CNN Headline News anchor, has launched Warrior Maven, a channel devoted to coverage of weapons, technology and military strategy. We’ll have a formal press release and video conversation with Kris posted on Maven in the coming days.
Thank you for your interest in Maven.