In St. Louis on Wednesday, a search – which witnesses are claiming was a no-knock raid – turned deadly, claiming the life of Mansur Ball-Bey.

True to what we have grown to expect, the subsequent protest was not handled well by the St. Louis County police department, who perpetually seems to opt for escalating any situation, at any given opportunity.

The 18-year-old black teen was shot early in the day, and officers claim that he had pointed a weapon at them as he and an unidentified friend, who is believed to be in his mid to late teens, attempted to flee during a search of a home for crimes that the department has not yet specified.

Mansur Ball-Bey, was a recent graduate of McCluer South Berkeley High School in Ferguson.

Friends of Ball-Bey have taken to social media to express their shock over the incident, as they assert that he was a kind and quiet teenager who dreamed of becoming a musician, and was preparing to attend college.

Coincidentally, there was already a protest against police brutality taking place less than a half of a mile away in honor of the one-year anniversary of the death of Kajieme Powell – which quickly moved to the area of the latest shooting.

Riot police arrived and a dispersal order was issued.  Later, armored vehicles appeared on the scene, and demonstrators reportedly began throwing water bottles at them.

St. Louis Police Sent Known Killers to Confront Protesters

As protesters remained in the streets to demand answers, they were greeted with what appeared to be Officer Jason Flanery.

Flanery killed VonDerrit Myers, 18, last year while he was off-duty and working as a security officer – just before the start of the Ferguson October protests.

He was armed with a rifle and made no attempt at concealing an extremely identifiable tattoo on his forearm.

While the new “Force Investigative Unit” in the St. Louis Police Department investigated that incident and found no wrongdoing, many questions remained unanswered in the Myers case.

Initially, the St. Louis Police Department had stated Flanery was performing a “pedestrian check” when VonDerrit Myers fled on foot, claiming the officer then pursued him and that Myers turned around and fired upon the off duty cop.

The story changed later on that day to claim Myers had jumped from some bushes (there are no bushes where the incident occurred) and a struggle ensued leading to Myers eventually pulling a gun and firing on Flanery.

In the press conference 24 hours later, the story changed again to Myers having turned towards Flanery aggressively, a struggle ensuing, and Flanery ripping Myers sweat shirt off.

Three days after the shooting the story changed once again, when a spokesperson for the police claimed that Myers had fallen on the ground after a chase and then began shooting at Flanery.

The store owner where Myers was last seen has even raised questions based on what he was wearing and challenging claims that he was armed.

Needless to say, Flanery’s presence at the scene of another death of a teenager at the hands of law enforcement was inflammatory to say the least.

Police executed at least three arrests by the early evening.

Rubber bullets were fired, and tear gas was being shot at demonstrators- which ultimately flooded the surrounding residential neighborhood in a thick cloud of noxious chemicals and fumes.

After using a wide array of chemical weapons on the protesters who were seemingly peaceful at the time, things eventually escalated even further, as trash and a vehicle were set ablaze- as well as an abandoned building.

In a press conference as the uprising was still in progress Wednesday evening, St. Louis Police Chief Sam Dotson announced that nine people, seven male and two female, had been arrested and charged with impeding traffic during the protest.

One of the women was also charged with resisting arrest.

The chief claimed that burglaries and fires were still being reported in the area.

Any reports of equal justice in St. Louis are still considered extremely pre-mature.