What’s The Best Insider View Of Absolutely Yummy Free Cornbread?
Imagine that pan of golden light cake-y goodness wafting its sweet smells at you. You spy your cousin’s plate. You notice his chunk of cornbread, still steaming hot cooling off with a pad of butter. Then, comes the honey… Seriously? But, you have food allergies…Why should you have to sit there drooling when you can make your own?
Of course, corn has been available for thousands of years. In the southern and southwestern US, in particular, cornbread was actually preferred when wheat flour was considered too expensive. If you were ever offered corn pone, johnnycakes or hush-puppies, note these are just different versions of cornbread.
Today, though, we’re focusing on you and your allergen friendly cornbread mini muffins. Sample these and you, too, will leave the holiday table, searching for a comfy chair to savor your satisfaction.
Mini Cornbread Muffins
Wheat, egg and dairy free
- 1/2 cup corn meal
- 1/2 cup millet
- 2TBSP sugar
- 1TBSP honey
- 1TBSP flax-seed mixed with 3TB water – let sit for 2 minutes. This is used as the egg.
- 2 tsp baking powder
- rice milk
- Heat oven to 425 and spray a mini muffin pan with cooking spray
- Mix all dry ingredients including honey.
- Add flax-seed with water and then slowly add rice milk until it reaches a good consistency.
- Fill each cup up 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
This year, bring your own basket of sweet smelling cornbread. Notice your cousin eyeing them. Better make enough for everyone. These are so good they’ll be gone before the honey finishes dripping over them. Your guests will never be the wiser unless you tell them.
We’d love it if you shared pics of your #cornbread muffin creations. How many at your table did you fool with your allergy free version? Give us all the details @Kitchology and @Kitchenchick123.