If I told you I was putting grape jelly on your meatballs what would you think? That was my reaction too -- but this Huston family recipe for Jelly Meatballs is surprisingly yummy!
These meatballs can be used for dinner or as an appetizer for a party.
This is another recipe that has 3 ingredients and 3 steps! All you need is your crockpot!
Make these yourself!
- Frozen or Homemade Meatballs (about 2 pounds or 45 small meatballs)
- 1 1/2 cups Grape Jelly
- 1 cup Chili Sauce
- Thaw frozen meatballs or prepare homemade meatballs
- Put meatballs in crockpot
- Mix together the grape jelly and chili sauce
- Add sauce mixture to meatballs
- Cook on high for 1 hour or on low for 2-4 hours
Here's what the directions look like.
Thaw your frozen meatballs or get your homemade meatballs ready. If you prefer homemade meatballs, here's a great recipe for Meatballs and Homemade Tomato Sauce.
In a separate bowl, mix together the grape jelly and chili sauce.
Put the meatballs in the crockpot and pour the sauce over the meatballs. Cook the meatballs on high for 1 hour -- or you can slow cook these on low for 2-4 hours.
Your Jelly Meatballs will look like this when it's done.
Serve with a potato and veggie as a meal. Or you can serve as an appetizer for your next party.