Whether it’s homemade pizza or ordering out, we have pizza at least once a week! Because we eat it soooo much, we try and vary it a bit! This Homemade Pizza Balls recipe is one we just started using. All you need are refrigerated biscuits, shredded cheese and your topping of choice.
The key to this recipe is to make sure you add the right seasoning on the top of the biscuit. This will make all the difference between a pizza ball and a cheese biscuit.
Here’s what you need:
HOMEMADE PIZZA BALLS
- Refrigerated biscuits
- Shredded Mozzarella cheese
- Pepperoni slices
- 1 tablespoon Butter, melted
- Garlic Powder
- Garlic Salt
- Italian Seasoning
- Marinara or Spaghetti sauce
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Spray a baking sheet with non-stick spray
- Flatten any size biscuit into a flat circle
- Add Pepperoni to center of biscuit
- Add shredded Mozzarella cheese to the top
- Fold the biscuit in half and pinch the center, then fold over the corners to make a ball
- Turn upside down and place on non-stick baking sheet
- Melt 1 tablespoon of Butter
- Using a brush, spread the melted butter on top of the pizza ball
- Sprinkle the pizza ball with Garlic Powder, Garlic Salt and Italian Seasoning
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes until golden brown
- Serve with warmed up marinara or spaghetti sauce for dipping
After you flatten the biscuit, you will add your toppings and cheese. We made pepperoni pizza balls so we added a few slices of pepperoni and cheese.
Fold over the pizza ball and pinch the dough so it stays closed. It will form a ball once all the ends are tucked in.
Spread out your pizza balls on a baking sheet that has already been sprayed with non-stick spray.
Sprinkle the garlic salt, garlic powder and Italian seasonings on top. Put in the oven at 375 degrees and bake for 15 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
This is what it will look like when it’s done.
Serve these with your favorite marinara or spaghetti sauce. These are great for dipping and make a wonderful snack or meal! Enjoy!