Christmas morning is the most anticipated day of the year. One thing we started making last year was Christmas Tree Waffles. Once your kids see these on Christmas morning, it will become their new favorite way to enjoy waffles.
Supplies Needed to Make Christmas Tree Waffles:
- 2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Tablespoon of Granulated Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon of Baking Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon of Salt
- 1 Egg
- 1 1/2 Cups of Horizon Organic 2% Reduced Fat Milk
- 1/2 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Green Food Coloring
- Chocolate Candies (M&M's work great)
- 1 Banana, Sliced into rounds
- Waffle Maker
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
How to Make Christmas Tree Waffles:
- Mix all of the dry ingredients into a small bowl. Blend well.
- In a second bowl, mix all of the wet ingredients until well blended.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and combine. Mix until the batter is slightly lumpy.
- Put 15-20 drops of green food coloring into the mixture and stir until well incorporated.
- Plug-in your waffle maker and allow it to warm up. If it has a setting to change the heat, I suggest using a light setting so you don't get browning on the top of the waffle.
- Spray the waffle maker with non-sticking cooking spray.
- Carefully pour the mixture into the waffle maker and close. Allow it to cook for 1-2 minutes checking it to ensure it isn't burning or turning brown.
- Remove waffle from the waffle maker using a fork and place onto plate.
- Break up the waffle pieces and arrange in a Christmas tree-like shape.
- Place chocolate candies into the holes of the waffle. These will resemble the ornaments.
- Cut the banana into rounds then carefully cut off triangle pieces to make the shape of star.
- Serve with warm syrup and enjoy!