I normally made fried rice out of a package until my friend Kelli shared this recipe with me. Now I make Chicken Fried Rice from scratch and love it!
This recipe features all of your favorite Chicken Fried Rice ingredients including onions, carrots, peas, chicken and of course, egg.
Here are the ingredients:
CHICKEN FRIED RICE
- 3 cups cooked Rice (white or brown) Day old or leftover rice works best
- 2 cups cooked Chicken from roast chicken breast
- 3 tablespoons Sesame Oil
- 1 cup Frozen Peas & Carrots, thawed
- 1 small Onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons Garlic, minced
- 2 Eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup Soy Sauce, Less Sodium
- Cook your rice (white or brown) before making this dish. You can even make the rice hours before or even the day before
- Thaw frozen peas & carrots
- Chop the onion and mince the garlic
- Over a medium-high heat, cook the garlic, onion, chicken and thawed peas & carrots in the sesame oil until softened
- Lower the heat and push the veggie mixture to the side of the pan.
- Add the eggs (slightly beaten) to the other side and scramble. Make sure all of the egg is cooked
- Add the rice and 1/4 cup of the soy sauce
- Mix together
- Add the remaining soy sauce if needed and blend all together
This recipe starts with the rice. Make this ahead of time — even a day before. I used brown rice but you can also use white rice.
In a large skillet, heat up the sesame oil and cook the onions, garlic, and peas & carrots. The chicken gets added here too.
Next, push the chicken and veggies to the side of the skillet and add the lightly scrambled eggs.
Cook until these eggs are completely scrambled. Mix the egg into the chicken mixture.
Add the cooked rice and completely combine the rice into the rest of the ingredients.
Your Chicken Fried Rice is ready to be served. This is another meal that can be served directly from the pan.