And if your child has a food sensitivity, you are always looking for new ideas. Today on Family Food Live, I will share 5 Meatless & Nut-Free Back to School Lunch Ideas.
This lunch combination was a request by one of our readers. If you have any requests for lunch ideas for your kids, please let us know.
If you missed today’s show, here’s a look.
Welcome to Family Food Live! Today Meatless and Nut-free lunch ideas! Get all the recipes...
Getting hungry yet? Here are today’s recipes.
LUNCH 1 – NUT-FREE HUMMUS
- Chick Peas (1 can), drained
- One Lemon, juiced
- 1-2 cloves Garlic
- Olive Oil, varies
- Add drained chick peas, lemon juice, garlic and a good pour of olive oil into a food processor. The amount of oil depends on the consistency you want in your hummus. Start out slow — it’s easier to add than take away
- Put hummus into a container with some parsley
- Serve with carrots or pita bread chips
LUNCH 2- PARMESAN KALE CHIPS
• Bag of Organic Kale
• 1/4 teaspoon Salt
• 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
• 2 tablespoons Parmesan Cheese, grated
• Preheat oven to 350 degrees
• Wash and separate kale into bite sized pieces
• In a large bowl, add kale, olive oil, and salt and mix
• Add parmesan cheese and mix again
• On a lined baking sheet, place kale in a single layer on top
• Bake for 5-7 minutes or until edges start to brown
Serve the kale chips with a variety of foods including a hard-boiled egg, grapes, string cheese and pretzels.
LUNCH 3 – PIMENTO CHEESE PINWHEELS
- Pimento Cheese
- Flour Tortillas
- Green Pepper
- Spread the pimento cheese over a flour tortilla and roll tight, then cut into bite size pieces
- Or cut the green pepper in half, then in half again to create a “boat” — and add the pimento cheese to the pepper to create a pepper boat
Serve the pimento cheese rolls or boat with an orange and a spinach strawberry salad
LUNCH 4 – PIZZA ROUNDS
Shredded Mozzarella cheese
Preheat oven to 375°
Put the crescent rounds on a lined baking sheet and put in the oven for about 6-7 minutes
When the rounds are a little more than half way done, remove from oven and add a spoon of sauce on top and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
Bake for another 5 minutes or until golden brown and the cheese is melted
Serve the pizza rounds with carrots, grapes, applesauce, pretzels
LUNCH 5 – CREAM CHEESE & CHIVES PEPPER BOAT
- Cream Cheese, softened
- Chives, chopped
- Green Pepper
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese and chives
- Cut the green pepper in half then in half again to create a “boat” for the cream cheese mixture
- Add the cream cheese to the pepper
Serve the cream cheese & chives pepper boat with hard-boiled egg, strawberries, cheerios
Here are a few other Back-to-School Lunch ideas you will love
Here are a few of our favorite products from Family Food Live (affiliate links)