Sugar scrub is really simple to make with kids and a lovely way to pamper yourself or a loved one. This post contains affiliate/distributor links that support Kids Activities Blog.
MATERIALS FOR SUGAR SCRUB
- Jar with a top (we bought ours in bulk in the wedding favor section at Michaels because I thought they were so cute).
- Oil (olive oil, almond oil, or another sort of simple not smelly oil).
- Essential oils (I love using lavender!)
- food coloring
DIRECTIONS FOR MAKING KID-MADE SUGAR SCRUB:
- Mix up the ingredients in a bowl. We used 3 cups white sugar, 1 cup and 2 tbsp of olive oil, 10+ drops of lavender (or any other essential oil), and a few drops of food coloring based on the color you want your scrub. I didn’t use too much food coloring because I only wanted it to be tinted a peach color and didn’t want to be rubbing food coloring all over myself!
- Pack mixed sugar scrub into a jar. We used large tongue depressors to scoop the sugar scrub into the jars.
- Decorate with some ribbon and personalize it with some stickers. We added a letter sticker for the first initial of who we were giving the gift to.
- Make a card or little note to attach to it and give it as a gift to someone you know that needs a pick me up!
This activity gave us lots of opportunities to talk about the five senses and to work on measuring skills.
Not only would this gift be great for teacher appreciation week, but you could also make it as an end of the year or beginning of the year teacher gift.
Here are a few other favorite homemade gift ideas: