by Amanda Formaro
Make several with your friends, using different colored paper for each one and make an entire scurvy crew. Make it a full afternoon of being a pirate by making this play sword as well!
PIRATE CRAFT FROM A CARDBOARD TUBE
If you're going to play like a pirate, you have to be able to talk like one too. Here are some pirate sayings and what they mean!
- Ahoy Matey! (Hello friend or shipmate)
- Shiver Me Timbers! (exclamation of surprise)
- Me hearty (my friend)
- Seadog (experienced seaman)
- Avast (stop and look)
- Aye Aye (yes, I ™ll do it)
- Booty (treasure)
- Landlubber (person who lives or works on land)
- Jolly Roger (skull and crossbones pirate flag)
YOU WILL NEED:
- 4-inch cardboard tube
- Black and white paper
- Red and peach crayon
- 2 googly eyes
- 5-inch square piece of bandana or fabric
- Hot glue gun
- Glue stick
- Black marker
- Glue the edges of the black and white paper together.
- You will need 1 1/2 inches of black and 2 1/2 inches of white.
- Color the top 1 1/2 inches of the white paper with a peach crayon.
- On the remaining white paper, draw red stripes.
- Glue the finished paper around the cardboard tube.
- Fold the fabric square in half, point to point, to create a triangle.
- Lay the peach end of the cardboard tube onto the straight edge of the fabric.
- Bring one corner of the triangle up around the tube and glue in place.
- Fold the top part of the triangle down onto the tube and glue in place.
- Fold the third corner around the tube and glue in place.
- Fold a piece of black paper in half and cut a fat S shape, keeping the top of the S at the crease in the paper. Unfold and glue mustache to the face.
- Glue googly eyes in place.
- Cut a small black triangle for the beard and glue in place.
- add eyebrows with black marker.
Yo Ho Ho! Hope you have fun time making this project Matey!