You most likely have all you need to make this fun DIY baby toy already and it couldn’t be easier to assemble. The best part? Your baby will love it! The can squish and “splash” to their hearts content without making one bit of mess. I’m always looking for mess free sensory experiences for my baby because, let’s be honest you’ve got enough to clean! Inspired by the giant water blobs that took the internet by storm, this mini version is just right for babies, and way easier to pull off. This water play idea is extra nice in the winter when splashing in the baby pool is a no go but of course it would also be super fun to play outside in the summer. This might become your go-to baby activity, I know it’s mine!
TO MAKE A MINI WATER BLOB YOU’LL NEED
- 2 freezer bags
- Duct tape
- Optional: Bath toys (nothing pointy) and a towel
HOW TO MAKE A MINI WATER BLOB
- Place bath toys in one of the freezer bags and fill with water. Try to squeeze out most of the air and seal tightly.
- Use duct tape to make the seal extra strong. I used two overlapping strips folded over the edge.
- Place your filled bag, with the taped side down, inside another freezer bag. Again, squeeze out as much air as possible and seal tightly.
- Duct tape that second edge for extra security.
- We had no issues with leaks but it never hurts to be extra cautious and place a towel down before placing the blob down for playtime.
- Let baby squish, explore, and play!
Next time you’re looking for something fun for baby to play, grab a few freezer bags and whip up this awesome mini water blob!