They must be humble wives, please their husbands and bring up children. But in 1997 “another” girl was born. She didn`t want to hide her face, she just wanted to visit the school and wear colorful clothes. At that time, her native territories – the valley of Swat was under the reign of the Taliban. People were severely punished by beatings and even death.
The girl`s story whose name is Malala began when she was 12 years old. One day while walking to school she was shot by Taliban terrorist. And that was exactly the case that made her start campaign for educating girls in her country. The actions of this young lady inspire many people. There is even a book about her and interesting is the fact that it was written by Malala in co-authorship with Christina Lamb.
The original name of the book that impressed many readers is “I am a Malala: The Story of the Girl Who Stood Up for Education and Was Shot by the Taliban”. Let`s pay attention to 10 life lessons we have learned from this book:
1. “If one man can destroy everything, why can’t one girl change it?” – Somewhere inside all of of us is the power that can change the world.
2. “Life isn’t just about taking in oxygen and giving out carbon dioxide.” – You must live your life as you want and don`t be afraid to do things that scare you.
3. “If you don’t raise your voice, it is unlikely anyone will hear you.” – Your voice is a gift to speak about really important issues (but not about mac running slow problem, for example) and to share your thoughts.
4. “I told myself, Malala, you have already faced death. This is your second life. Don’t be afraid – if you are afraid, you can’t move forward.”- Don`t be afraid of failures because they are just the lessons 5.
5. “If hating is the worst way to exert your energy, love is the best way to use your energy. The more you give, the more you get. Be compassionate. Tell those you love that you love them.” – There is nothing more pleasant than the ability to love.
6. “For the love of all that’s good in this world, please never give up. If you care about something, or someone, no matter what happens, refuse to quit! Never give up, and seek motivation to fuel your drive.”- It is necessary to find the way to be positive all the time.
7. “At night our fear is strong…but in the morning, in the light, we find our courage again.” – Each difficult situation or complex decision need to wait to the morning.
8. “If you help someone in need you might also receive unexpected aid.”- Help shouldn`t wait for anything in return.
9. “I think everyone makes a mistake at least once in their life. The important thing is what you learn from it” – We learn from our mistakes.
10. “We live in a world of over 7-billion individuals. Each person is different. Each person on earth has something unique to offer the world. What’s your gift? What wonderful things do you have to offer? Don’t ever doubt for a second the power you have to make a difference.”- We are all unique.
Hope it was interesting to read about such a great person as Malala Yousafzai . It is a pity, but in modern society, we meet with such people rarely so we should take an example from them and try to make our world better.