Keeping your lawn or garden free of weeds can be a challenge. Before you turn to a chemical solution to the problem, consider the natural solution: eating them.
Please keep in mind that there are weeds that you should not eat, however, try adding the following weeds to your salad!
- Burdock: may be bitter but it is high in protein and fiber.
- Chicory: packs a nourishing punch.
- Creeping Charlie: great source of vitamin C.
- Dandelion: promotes healthy skin and liver. Boil the leaves to make them less bitter.
- Ground Elder: functions as a diuretic and a sedative.
- Kudzu: high in protein, fiber and iron.
- Plantain: high in iron, vitamin A and C.
- Purslane: high in calcium, iron, and omega-3 fatty acids.