by craftbits (shellie wilson)
Fill em with catnip or hang them from a string. Stinky will think your the cats meow.
What you need
Assorted colors of craft felt
Embroidery floss or thread for stitching
Glass beads for eyes
Fiber fill or cat nip for stuffing
Begin by printing out two copies of the pattern found by clicking on link (Two copies are needed because patterns overlap).
Then print pattern from browser window. Adjustments to scale may have to be made depending on the browser you are using.
Choose a critter and cut out pattern from the paper.
Pin pattern pieces to the felt and cut out accordingly.
Sewing – A ladder stitch is recommended for best results.
- Start out by sewing bird belly to one side of bird half and continue up and around over head until you reach the tail.
- Continue on with the tail in position until the end, knot, then finish the other side of tail.
- Now go back and finish sewing the other side of the bird belly. Wow you can see the bird taking shape!
- Sew about 3/4 of the bird base on leaving enough room open to stuff bird.
Fill with fiber fill or a premium catnip, finish sewing base on.
5.Now your ready for the eyes and wings. Knot thread to position of eye, slide on glass bead and go through to other side and slide on other the bead, pull tightly to create small indentation in felt.
Go through a couple of times to securely fasten eyes. Clip wings to give the illusion of feathers then fasten to bird body as indicated on pattern.
- Stitch on bird feet. Voila your finished!!
Now go make the other two critters, the same technique may be applied to those as well.
Have You Seen These Ideas?