by Craftbits (Shellie Wilson)
What you need
- Flip flops
- Felt, you will need 4 colors or more, it's up to you
- Gel pen. You'll need it to copy a pattern to your felt but please, don't use a marker because the result will not be clean
- Glue gun
- Needle and embroidery thread
- Beads or small button (only 4, for your owl eyes)
- Card stock or paper to make a pattern
- Dacron or cotton
STEP 1: Make the doll
1.Using the photo below as a guide. Draw a template on the cardstock and cut it out.it will be better if you can make it symmetrical
2.Cut out your felt using the templates. 4 pieces for bodies, 2 pieces each for belly, eyes, beaks, and wings.
* TIP: You can copy the pattern to the felt with gel pen before you cut it.
3.Take 2 pieces of ‘bodies’, sew with a whip stitch or folk art stitch but don’t forget to fill it with cotton.
4.Put the wings, eye and feet. Use hot glue gun to do this.
STEP 2: FINAL TOUCH
- Take the ribbon, then wrap your flip flop. Use hot glue gun to help you wrap it.
Finally, put on your owl above 🙂
Have You Seen These Ideas?