by craftbits (shellie wilson)
Use those leftover milk/juice cartons!
What you need
- Milk/ Juice Cartons
- Scissors and Glue
- Glue tape
- Ruler and pencil
- Clean and dry Milk/Juice cartons.
- First cut out a 5 inch x 5 inch Square piece from a Carton of choice. Plain inside of the carton makes a neat background.
- Mark out a 1/2 inch border all around on the inside of this square and then cut the inside of this square into 1/2 inch stripes. Take care not to rip the pieces, just make slits in the square to be able to weave.
- Next cut out 1/2 inch stripes from a carton with print and/or attractive colors (Inside of a Milk carton as base and juice carton stripes woven together make a great combination). For a 5 inch square you would need 6 to 7 stripes for weaving, this would be the same as the number of slits you made in the square base.
- Weave these strips into the square base.
- Finish off the edges with a glue tape running around the sqaure or just glue the edges to the square base. The coasters are ready!! Water resistant glue will help the coasters stay in shape for reuse.
These coasters can be wiped clean and reused…..good fun!
Have You Seen These Ideas?