by craftbits (shellie wilson)
Use paint, glitter and feathers to create a perfect fall themed welcome house for birds!
What you need
Acrylic Paint in Autumn colors
- Paint sections of your bird houses with Autumn colored acrylic paints. I used yellow, orange and green.
- Pick out Autumn colored and themed papers and trim them to fit the blank sections of your bird houses- where you did not paint. Using Mod Podge, decoupage them onto the wooden bird houses.
- Apply mod podge in places where you would like to add glitter- I painted stripes of mod podge on one bird house, and used a pencil eraser to make polka dots on another. While the modpodge is still wet, sprinkle on a generous amount of glitter. Shake off the excess glitter and let dry.
- Trim your feathers down to different lengths, but to where they will fit nicely on the roof of your bird house. Using glue, adhere them down onto the roof.
- Use other paper scraps, and fall things to continue embellishing your birdhouses.
Have You Seen These Ideas?