It is no secret that Trump supporters are in it for the long haul. They proudly proclaim that they will support the president no matter what he does, and nothing can dampen that unconditional love. They will love him when he praises white supremacists, they will love him when he mocks disabled reporters, they will love him when he insults gold star families, they will love him when he cheats on his wife with a porn star.
They will love him in a box, with a fox, on a train, or on a plane.
But...how did Trump earn all that absolute faith?
He did it in 12 easy steps:
1. Target the right people, those who hate uncertainty and are eager to believe
2. Appeal to those with “absolute faith,” those that are obstinate in it
3. Feed those people whatever will satisfy them, charm them
4. Be bold, but vague. Let those hungry people fill in the blanks on what your statements mean.
5. Use an “us” and “them” mentality. We are the winners, they are the losers.
6. Speak as if everything you say is fact, not opinion. Just keep it vague!
7. Make sure to leave yourself room to be able to deny your pandering or your attacks
8. Be easy to join, but very costly to abandon.
9. Be invincible. Remember that you are always right and “pick apart” anything that disagrees with your right-ness.
10. Play the victim. “They” are always out to get you.
11. Avenge. Revenge. Gaslight. Be savage and relentless.
12. Be the morality police.
Trump was able to win all his love and support from the gullible, those that have “faith in faith,” with these tactics. He freed them from uncertainty and gave them something to believe in again!