(AllHipHop News) A concert featuring CMG artist Moneybagg Yo has been scrapped over security concerns.
The newly signed artist to Yo Gotti’s label was supposed to perform tonight (October 13), at the iHeart Media Metroplex Live, in Little Rock Arkansas.
Police chief Kevin Buckner? raised concerns about the performance earlier this week, after a string of altercations at Moneybagg Yo’s shows came to the attention of local authorities attention.
In November, one person was shot and killed at a Moneybagg Yo concert in Mississippi, while another man was shot and wounded at a show in March 2017, in Columbus, Georgia.
And, in late August, Moneybagg Yo and two associates were targeted at a New Jersey rest stop, company by local Bloods gang members.
When Moneybagg Yo refused, his van was shot up, resulting in two of Moneybagg Yo’s associates being shot.
The cancellation comes on the heels of a high-profile shooting in Little Rock at a club last July when gunfire injured 25 people during a concert at the Power Lounge.
The shooting came during a performance by Memphis rapper Ricky Hampton.
Little Rock Mayor Mark Stodola was pissed that he was kept in the dark and said the local community is too sensitive after the Power Lounge shooting.
"I'm trying to find out why I was not briefed earlier," Stodola told The Arkansas Democrat-Gazette. "I thought it was a pretty dumb thing to book this concert, not because of the nature of the music but because of the individual performer's pattern of documented violence and the nature of our city in the aftermath of the shooting in July."
Ricky Hampton’s bodyguard was charged with 10 aggravated assault counts for the shooting.