(AllHipHop News) Ja Rule and the other organizers of the abandoned Fyre Festival are facing a new lawsuit over the disastrous luxury event.
Ticket holders, who had paid up to $12,000 to attend, arrived on Great Exuma island in The Bahamas to discover the luxury accommodation they were promised did not exist.
Instead, fans expecting to see musicians including Migos and Major Lazer, were forced to stay in disaster relief tents until they could be flown off the island.
According to editors at The Hollywood Reporter, personal injury lawyer John Girardi has now filed a lawsuit on behalf of festival goers Chelsea Chinery, Shannon McAuliffe and Desiree Flores alleging breach of contract, negligent misrepresentation and fraud against Ja Rule and his partners.
Girardi’s suit, filed on Tuesday (May 2) in Los Angeles County Superior Court, claims festival organizers tricked people into attending the event by paying more than 400 social media stars and celebrities to promote it.
He also alleges the celebrities breached America’s Federal Trade Commission regulations by promoting the event without disclosing they had been paid.
Another festival goer has told said they are considering legal action against Fyre Festival organizers.
Those reported to have been paid to promote the music event include models Kendall Jenner, Bella Hadid and Emily Ratajkowski.
After fans began being evacuated from the island, Bella issued a statement which read:
“I initially trusted this would be an amazing & memorable experience for all of us, which is why I agreed to do one promotion…not knowing about the disaster that was to come…I feel so sorry and badly because this is something I couldn’t stand by, although of course if I would have known about the outcome, you would have all known too.”
Ja Rule has also apologized for the festival fiasco.
A leaked business plan showed that in addition to Bella, Kendall, and Emily, organizers had planned to involve Jamie Foxx, Iggy Azalea and Lil Wayne in the promotion of the event.